NEWS & EVENTS
AtlanticWave-SDX: A Distributed Intercontinental Experimental Software Defined Exchange for Research & Education Networking
Americas Lightpaths Express and Protect enhances Infrastructure for Research and Education
Internet2 and Florida International University Workshop Brings Together OpenFlow/SDN Testbed Expertsn
Report of the 2014 NSF Cybersecurity Summit for Large Facilities and Cyberinfrastructur Large Facility Cybersecurity Challenges and Responses
AMLIGHT Network Upgrade adds Software-Defined Networking capability between the U.S. and South America
CIARA participate in the 6th Biannual Meeting of ANSP (BMA6) in São Paulo, Brazil
AMPATH : The International Exchange Point for Research & Education Networking in Miami
AMPATH (ASN 20080) is a high-performance Internet exchange point in Miami, Florida, which facilitates peering and network research between U.S. and international research and education networks. The exchange point, located at the NAP of the Americas, is a collaborative effort providing to its connectors:
- Access to Internet2 Network
- Access to Florida LambdaRail (FLR)
- Access to AMPATH connectors and peers
- Access to National LambdaRail (NLR)
- Access to the Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
- AtlanticWave Layer2 Transport service for national research networks
- Commodity Internet service through AMPATH's multi-homed connections to Tier-1 providers
- Settlement Free peering to networks, such as Google, Akamai, gTLDs, Verisign, Limelight and others...
- Collocation Space
- Smart Hands and Engineering Service
- 20 Gbps of upstream bandwidth capacity via AtlanticWave and FLR
AMPATH provides a variety of connection technologies:
- Layer2 ethernet connections, up to 10 Gigabits per second, including ethernet vlans mapped using Next-Generation SONET/SDH protocols.
- Packet Over SONET (POS) / Synchronous Data Hierarchy (SDH) connections.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) connections.
- Standard interface configuration includes support for jumbo frames, as well as IPv4 and IPv6 unicast and multicast services
- AMPATH can offer collocation space for connectors that would like to house their equipment in Miami, at its exchange point facilities at the NAP of the Americas.